What stitches are involved? The simplest ones, on our YouTube channel you can find them all! The most difficult stitch is the Magic Loop, but you find it well explained in this video – “Free Pattern for Striped crochet coasters”:
Explanations for crochet coasters
These coasters are really made in no time, they are colorful and with them, you will give a touch of color to your summer tables! They are also a quick and unusual gift idea, so treasure it and use it at the right time!
They are worked in rounds, just remember to change color at the end of each row (when you are working the slip stitch).
To make striped crochet coasters you will need:
- 2 skeins of Fettuccine in two different colors (Paeonia and Azure)
- 10 mm crochet hook, you can find those beautiful Maplewood hooks here!
- tapestry needle
Abbreviations – UK terminology (US in brackets):
Have you already subscribed to our YouTube channel? There are many videos explaining the basic techniques of crochet or knitting, perfect for those who want to get started.
- inc = increase
- dc = double crochet (single crochet)
- sl st = slip stitch
- ch = chain
- Round 1 – 6 dc in the magic ring with the first color (pic. 1) (there’s how to make it!), then sl st in the first dc changing color (pic. 2-3).
- Round 2 – 1 ch, then 1 inc in each stitch around [12 dc], sl st in the first dc changing color again.
- Round 3 – 1 ch, (dc in next stitch, inc in next stitch), repeat 7 times [18 dc]. sl st in the first dc changing color.
- Round 4 – 1 ch, (2 dc in next stitch, inc in next stitch), repeat 7 times [24 dc]. sl st in the first dc.
- Hide the yarn in the work with a yarn needle.
You’ve just made the coasters, now you are ready for a snack! Make them alternating row colors: remember that the color you start with will appear in a smaller number of rows.
You just have to take photos and share them on Instagram with the hashtags #bettaknit and #ilovebettaknit!