Christmas crochet pot holders? Why not! A nice accessory and a fast and fun gift idea!
The Nordic style crochet “Nordic Xmas” potholders were made for us by a passionate designer and maker who is very popular on Instagram: Mara Fornasier.
The potholders are made in Double Crochet (US Terms), with a variant of the Tapestry Crochet technique. Traditionally it’s worked in the round, now we use work it flat, forth, and back, using two colors, as shown in this video.
Cosa serve per realizzare le presine ad uncinetto “Nordic Xmas”?
- Prato Cotton yarn, (a 100% cotton yarn, eco-friendly and recycled, one, of whose origin we wrote in this post!) in two colors: Ecru and Red. You can choose your favorite color combo from the 20 colors available to date!
- 5 mm (H8 US) crochet hook (you find our Maplewood crochet hooks here) – However, we recommend that you try it because a smaller caliber could be fine too
- Sewing needle
Which stitches are used?
The pattern level is intermediate, the Tapestry Crochet technique is simple, but you need a little practice, and just know the basic stitches!
- Chain Stitch – if you want a review of the slip knot and chain, I refer you to this posts
- Slip Stitch – go to this video to refresh your memory!
- Single Crochet (UK Double Crochet) – video tutorial on our Youtube Channel
- Double Crochet (UK Treble Crochet) – watch our video on Youtube
Free Pattern to make Christmas crochet potholders
For a last minute little gift, or to decorate your Christmas table in a creative way, get to work! Download here the Free Pattern! You will find all the steps, clearly indicated, completed of charts and pictures!
And remember … they can also be used as coasters!
If you would like more information on this yarn, on this project, or on any of our other products, do not hesitate to contact us: leaving a comment below or through the contact form on our site!
And if you like this scheme, take a picture and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #bettaknit or #ilovebettaknit!